Gold Coast Property
Your end of lease cleaning checklist
To ensure a smooth exit from your lease Gold Coast Property has put together a comprehensive cleaning checklist.
One month before end of lease
- At Gold Coast Property our lease agreements state that your carpets must be professionally cleaned before you vacate the property. Now would be the best time to organise a carpet cleaner to arrive the day before you hand back the keys – always remember to keep a copy of the tax invoice.
- Gold Coast Property highly recommend getting a professional to take care of your end of lease cleaning. Most companies will offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- If you had pets in the property throughout your lease, Gold Coast Property insists that you organise a professional pest spray. Now is the perfect time to organise them to come along with the carpet cleaner.
- Lawns should be mowed in the week leading up to the end of your tenancy. If you don’t have a lawn mower we suggest booking a gardener to mow the lawns and tidy the gardens.
- To save you the hassle of disconnecting all your utilities, Gold Coast Property offer a utility connections service. Simply email the property manager and we will organise it for you.
- Vacuum and clean all sliding door and window tracks.
- Sweep or mop all non carpeted floors, removing any marks.
- Clean Carpets by registered Carpet Cleaner to Australian Standard. Supply paid invoice copy.
- Fumigate for Fleas – by registered Pest Company, if pets were kept at property. Supply paid invoice copy which specifies service details.
- Clean light fittings – gently remove light fittings and clean.
- Clean marks off walls, ceilings and light switches.
- Clean skirting boards, windows including frames, sills and tracks, above cupboards, picture rails, architraves and both sides of all doors, all other fittings, and insect/security screens etc.
- Clean curtains and blinds. Refer to Agent for method advice.
- Remove all cobwebs and insect marks and nests.
- Clean inside and outside of all cupboards and doors.
- Clean inside, outside and around stove.
- Clean inside and outside of oven, griller, doors, trays, racks, glass.
- Clean inside, outside and behind refrigerator and dishwasher and microwave space.
- Clean sink, especially drain holes, drainers and tap ware.
- Range hood exhaust and filter- filter can be removed and cleaned.
- Clean all walls, floors, mirrors and windows and window tracks.
- Clean inside and outside all cupboards and drawers.
- Clean toilet, bath, shower recess, remove soap residue on tiles and shower screens, clean sink, tap ware, towel rails.
- Clean water outlet in shower and bath of hair and soap build up.
- Clean in wardrobes, shelves, drawers and mirrored doors. Remove scuff marks.
- Shower curtain washed with bleach or replaced if applicable.
- Clean behind, inside and around washing machine space.
- Clean equipment and filters if applicable.
- Clean inside, outside and behind dryer. Remove lint.
- Clean inside, outside and around laundry tub, cabinets, shelves, drawers, tap ware.
- Clean all walls and floors, ceiling.
- Clean all air conditioner units and filters.
Verandah, Decks, Outdoor Areas
- Sweep and mop, clean railings, glass and light fittings.
- Remove all cobwebs etc.
Garage, Carport, Driveway
- Sweep out and remove any oil residue from concrete, pavers, paths, driveways.
- Empty Council bins and place bins out on footpath for next collection
- Close and lock garage door, if applicable.
Gardens And Lawns, Pool
- Mow lawn, trim all edges, weed gardens, general garden tidy, remove all rubbish.
- Return pool to condition as per condition report at start of the tenancy and supply Pool Test report to Agent – Report to be completed on the end of tenancy date.
- Ensure all items are pulled out and clean behind then are located in original rooms as per Inventory list.
- The bedding and couches are to be steam cleaned along with the carpets when done by registered Carpet Cleaner to Australian Standard. Supply paid invoice copy
Our Preferred Contractors
Pest Control: Federal Pest Control
To view our current rental list please click here